Detectable warning surfaces – also called tactile warning surfaces – are a standardized surface feature built within or applied onto walking surfaces and other travel ways. They provide three distinct types sensory signals to visually and none visually impaired pedestrians as they transition from a safe path of travel into a potentially dangerous vehicular way or sudden change in the walking surface elevation.
Current federal regulations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) require that these tactile warning surfaces be installed along public rights-of-way for accessibility and detail specific guidelines for the geometric shape, height, alignment and spacing of the truncated domes (raised tactile profiles). ADA Solutions meets all of the specification and functionality requirements.
Cast-In-Place Replaceable Panel
The Cast-in-Place panel is delivered pre-assembled with an extra heavy duty anchoring system, specifically designed for easy insertion and embedment into fresh concrete. The ADA Soluctions replaceable system is far superior to any alternative on the market.
Cast-In-Place Tactile Panels
The Cast-in-Place panel is a great long term solution for any project or climate. Made with a durable exterior homogenous glass, carbon, and fiberglass reinforced composite material; the thick, heavy panel and sturdy embedment ribs ensure a strong bond and superior structural support.
- For use in new curb ramps or new construction
- Pressed into place in freshly poured concrete
- Cast-In-Place Tiles have a 1/4″ nominal thickness and feature embedment ribs 3″ on center through entire length of tile
- Plastic sheeting protection covers entire surface of Cast-In-Place Tile
- Standard sizes: 24″ x 36″, 24″ x 48″, 24″ x 60″, 36″ x 48″, and 36″ x 60″