The 1600-WHITE series of water-based, white-pigmented concrete curing compounds are wax-based dispersions with selected white pigments. When properly applied, 1600-WHITE forms a premium-grade membrane, which optimizes water retention. The white pigment reflects the sunu0092s rays to help keep the concrete surface cooler and prevent excessive heat buildup.
1600-WHITE is ideal for application on exterior, horizontal surfaces, such as highways, airports, and street and curb paving. 1600-WHITE is not recommended for residential applications. The product provides optimum curing when protection from the sunu0092s heat is desired.
Drying Time: Typically dries in two hours, depending on jobsite conditions (temperature, wind, etc.). Restrict foot traffic for at least four hours.
Flash Point: >212u00ba F (100u00ba C).
Approximately 200 ft.u00b2/gal. (4.91 mu00b2/L).
Coverage rates may have to be adjusted in windy conditions.
5 Gallon (18.93 L) Pails
55 Gallon (208.20 L) Drums
U.S. EPA Architectural Coatings Rule: 350 g/L maximum VOC for concrete curing compounds.
SCAQMD Rule 1113: 100 g/L maximum VOC for concrete curing compounds and waterproofing concrete/masonry sealers.
Ozone Transport Commission (OTC): 350 g/L maximum VOC for concrete curing compounds.
ASTM C 309, Type 2, Class A
AASHTO M 148, Type 2, Class A
FAA Spec. Item P-610-2.11 (e)
- When properly applied, provides a premium-grade film, which optimizes water retention.
- Protects by reflecting the sunu0092s rays to keep the concrete surface cooler and prevent excessive heat buildup, which can cause thermal cracking.
- Furnished as a ready-to-use, true water-based compound.
- Produces hard, dense concrete u0085 minimizes hair checking, thermal cracking, dusting and other defects.
- Offers a compressive strength significantly greater than improperly or uncured concrete.
- Increases tensile strength for greater resistance to cracking and surface crazing.
- Improves resistance to the abrasion and corrosive actions of salts and chemicals u0085 minimizes shrinkage.
- Applies quickly and easily with conventional commercial spray equipment.
- VOC compliant u0085 VOC content is <100 g/L.
Preparation u0085 Application equipment must be clean and free of any previously used materials.
Mixing u0085 Any settling or separation in the container must be re-dispersed with gentle agitation prior to use. CAUTION: TO AVOID FOAMING, DO NOT MIX EXCESSIVELY. DO NOT THIN.
Application Method u0085 Spray on in one even coat with a hand or power sprayer as soon as the surface water disappears from concrete surface. Use a Chapin 5797 (or equivalent) spray nozzle that produces a flow of 1/2 gal. (1.89 L) per minute under 40 psi (.276 MPa) of pressure.
Cleanup u0085 Prior to drying, equipment may be easily cleaned with soap and water. Once dried, use mineral spirits or other suitable petroleum solvent.
KEEP FROM FREEZING. Do not apply when the temperature of the air and/or the concrete is less than 40u00ba F (4u00ba C). DO NOT MIX OR DILUTE WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCTS OR LIQUIDS. Do not use on surfaces that are later to be painted, tiled, hardened, sealed or treated in any manner. Do not use on patios, sidewalks or other areas where there is typically no wheel traffic to abrade the white film surface. Not recommended for use on residential applications.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Direct contact may result in mild irritation. Read and follow all application, label, precautions, and health and safety information prior to use. Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
SHELF LIFE (TYPICAL)
One year in original, unopened container.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
EQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints Coatings
MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed Manufactured Regionally
MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed Manufactured Regionally