ANSI Required Daily Walk Around Inspections for Aerial Lifts
It is required that the operator of an aerial lift to do a daily walk around inspection. Some of the key items in the walk around are as follows.
- Overall condition of the unit
- Condition of tires
- Condition of rails and any safety equipment
- Decals legible
- Proper manuals in the manual storage box
- With each shift change the oncoming operator must complete a walk around inspection
- Current annual inspection in the manual box along with a date recorded on the machine
ANSI – American National Standards Institute
For a JLG provided video of an example of a walk around click on this link.